TeamSpeak and Mumble Information

TeamSpeak and Mumble Information

Unread postby Spaldo » 20 May 06, 5:08 pm

Games On Net - TeamSpeak Information:

Hopefully this info can answer all your questions in regards to setting up TeamSpeak.

Download TeamSpeak

Server address: tms-1.games.on.net
Server port: 9987

The above should be enough to get everyone started, however if you do need more info or want a channel/user registered. Please create a Team Speak / Mumble Support Request with the following information

For channel registration:

Channel name ?
Channel password ?
How many users ?
What the channel is for ? ie. Game ?
Are you an iiNet group customer ?
Your preferred codec ?

In addition to this, if you would like any changes made to your channel... Please create a Team Speak / Mumble Support Request

TeamSpeak Admins are:
Spaldo Dave
Last edited by Spaldo on 6 Jul 13, 6:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Spaldo

TeamSpeak Admin

Unread postby Spaldo » 31 Dec 07, 2:16 pm

Games On Net - TeamSpeak FAQ:

Does Internode host a Team Speak server ?
Internode hosts a TeamSpeak 3 server for both customers and visitors.

Where can I get TeamSpeak ?
From TeamSpeak - http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

What is the server information ?
Server address: tms-1.games.on.net
Server port: 9987

Are there any rules?
Yes, our TeamSpeak server follows the GON general rules; http://games.on.net/rules/?page=rules

Do offensive/abusive/racist names count in the rules?
They sure do. As the rules above state; be nice. If you create a temporary channel or username with abusive/offensive/racist names, you will be warned/kicked/banned depending on the circumstances.

What happens if I break the rules?
Depending on what rule you have broken, usually you will be warned first, then if you continue you will be kicked and/or banned. You can submit a ban appeal with our contact page if it gets to this stage.

Can I have my own user account ?
User accounts are no longer required. Please read this FAQ for further information

Can I have my own channel ?
Yes provided you are a iiNet group (Internode, iiNet, Westnet, Netspace, TransACT, AAPT, etc) customer; visit our support page - Team Speak Support Request

How do I make my own channel the default one?
Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks -> More (down the bottom) -> Then enter the Default Channel and Apply/OK.

How long do the requests take to get processed ?
Depending on how many requests we have, however we aim that they are processed within 48 hours.

Can I have sub-channels in my Team Speak channel ?
Yes. As per above, this is limited to iiNet group (Internode, iiNet, Westnet, Netspace, TransACT, AAPT, etc) customers. The request must be processed by an Administrator. Generally we limit the sub-channels to 3-4. Visit our request page - Team Speak Support Request

I have a few channels & sub-channels. How do I stop TS from asking me to enter a password everytime I switch?
Settings -> Options -> Security -> Save channel passwords (tick). Once this option is enabled you will only ever have to enter the password once.

Can I have CA (Channel Admin) within my own TeamSpeak channel ?
Yes, however both yourself and one of our Administrators have to be in the channel at the same time. To try and arrange this, please feel free to submit a Team Speak Support Request

What does CA (Channel Admin) allow me to do in managing my channel?
Unfortunately there are limited options available in TeamSpeak. Basically the only thing this allows is you to remove (kick) abusive users from your channel. That's it.

Whats all this talk of codecs ?
It's a technical word that describes what technique is used to compress the voice data before transporting it over the internet.
Basically the higher the codec ie. Speex Ultra-Wideband, the higher the quality. However, if you are restricted by bandwidth ( old Modem), you should select a lower quality codec. Ie. Speex Narrowband.

I see that I can have my own channel within the Internode Team Speak network, but can I have my own server ?
At this stage, Internode does not offer individual servers. However, as stated above, we are more than happy to give you your own channel, which you can password protect to keep private.

If you are having issues with another user, offensive channel or anything on the server.
Please feel free to submit a Team Speak Support Request rather than the internal reporting system. This has been disabled.

Something that we have missed or not covered in this FAQ ?
Please feel free to submit a Team Speak Support Request

Having an issue with Team Speak itself ?
The Team Speak home page is here..
Spaldo

TeamSpeak Admin

Re: TeamSpeak Information

Unread postby Spaldo » 1 Jan 14, 8:28 pm

Games On Net - Mumble Information:

What is Mumble?

Mumble is a free, open-source, cross-platform, low-latency, high quality voice over IP (VOIP) application.

How do I connect?

First, head on over to the download mirror at SourceForge and download your version of choice. Then all you need to do is input the server address and a username of your choosing and you are good to go.

The server address is: mumble-1.games.on.net

Check out the image below, just be sure to replace the username with your own.

Once connected you will be placed into the main public channel. If you would like your own channel please use the Contact Us page and select TeamSpeak/Mumble Servers

For channel registration:

Channel name ?
Channel password ?
How many users ?
What the channel is for ? ie. Game ?
Are you an iiNet group customer ?
Additional Info:

If you would like any changes to your current channel; please create a Team Speak / Mumble Support Request

Mumble admins are:
Spaldo
lee.
Spaldo

TeamSpeak Admin

Re: TeamSpeak & Mumble Information / FAQ

Unread postby Spaldo » 7 Apr 14, 3:26 pm

Games On Net - Mumble FAQ:

What is the server information?
Server address: mumble-1.games.on.net
Server port: 64738

Can I have my own channel?
Yes, contact us here - http://games.on.net/contact/

Note: Please select "TeamSpeak/Mumble Servers" from the drop down menu

I can't join my new channel! Help!?
Make sure you are registered with the server (Self -> Register) and then when you re-login, make sure that you are using that account (the Register option is greyed out)

I still can't access my new channel!?
Make sure you add the channels password in the Access Token list.

How long do the requests take to get processed?
Depending on how many requests we have, however we aim that they are processed within 48 hours.

Can I have sub-channels in my Mumble channel?
Yes, please let us know when creating the channel

I have a few channels & sub-channels. How do I stop Mumble from asking me to enter a password everytime I switch?
Server -> Access Tokens -> Add -> Type in the password and you wont have an issue.

Something that we have missed or not covered in this FAQ?
Please feel free to PM Spaldo

Having an issue with Mumble itself?
The Mumble home page is here..
Spaldo

TeamSpeak Admin

Re: TeamSpeak and Mumble Information

Unread postby Spaldo » 13 Jun 14, 8:18 pm

Currently our support system is having problems. Due to this, there may be unusual delays in responding to your tickets. We hope this will be resolved shortly and that you do not have to wait too long. Thank you for your patience.
Spaldo

TeamSpeak Admin

Return to General Chat